Thank you for registering for the Slow Money Farm Fest, coming up this Saturday, June 22nd, 3pm – 8pm!
We’re looking forward to seeing you at Sunol Ag Park in the East Bay!
If you get some friends to come along, please make sure everybody in your party registered beforehand. If you know someone who still needs a ticket, please direct them to our registration page now. Previous Farm Fests sold out.
Here are some essential pointers:
3pm-5pm Guided Tour of the Farms (a real treat!, worth being on time for)
5pm-6pm Fabulous Potluck, music
6pm-7pm Entrepreneur Showcase (always a highlight!)
7pm-8pm Continue networking, more music
How to get there?
Sunol Ag Park is fairly easy to reach, within 1 hour from most Bay Area locations.
The location is just about a miles off the 680 freeway. [map]
Local food entrepreneurs presenting
Hip Chick Farms
Baia Nicchia Farm
Lola Bee’s Harvest
Also introductions by SAGE, Credibles, Bay Area Green Tours, Monterey Chocolate, Kitchen Table Advisors, CA FarmLink, Chirp, LOKL, Finance For Food, and a few more.
What to bring?
- Potluck dish (homemade would be nice) to share for 3-5 people – drop it off at the event site before heading out on the tour
- Please bring plate, cup, utensils, cloth napkin. This is a zero-waste event (we will compost and recycle).
- Solid footwear – for walking the farm
- Wear layers – we expect hot weather at the start, but cooling off later
- Blanket – nice for sitting out and listening to music
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Business cards for networking
- No pets, please.
- No need to print tickets – just identify yourself for the volunteer checking you in
Good to know
- Farm Fests are family friendly.
- Weather should be great, sunny, not too warm or too cool. High of 82, probably around 3:00. Expect low 60s by 8:00.
- If you arrive before 5:00, a volunteer will let you in the gate to the AgPark, then direct you down the driveway. A second volunteer will direct you where to park: first in the lot to the left of the water temple, then when that is full, along the driveway heading out. DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS – park on the roadway. Check in at the Slow Money NorCal table in the field to the right of the water temple.
- Try to arrive before 5:00, if at all possible. If you arrive after 5:00, call (650) 283-0978, and someone will come down to the gate to let you in. It will take a few minutes.
- There will be two farm tours, leaving from the event area at 3:00 and at 4:00. You will be able to catch up if you are a few minutes late.
- There is generally good cell phone service. (if you tweet: #SMfarmfest)
- We may be sold out at the door.
Slow Money events are not an offer to sell securities nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities. Slow Money puts an emphasis on building relationships in our food system. At Farm Fests, you’ll become friends with other engaged foodies, entrepreneurs, investors of our local community!
See you Sunol Ag Park on Saturday!